Tuesday 17 June 2014

Describing a scene




















I smell an icy wind, it makes my nose tingle as it wafts through the air and into my tent. I also smell my soup as it starts to heat up. Tomato soup, my favourite. I take a sip and it slithers down my throat, my chest warms up instantly. I'm glad I have three pairs of socks on and although I have layered clothing the wind still sends a chill up my spine. My nose slowly turns a pinky colour and it starts to feel numb. But I can see the sun starting to rise so I know it should warm up. I hear the snow crushing beneath other skiers feet as they carefully trudge through the sheet of crisp white snow in front of them. One guys slips and his foot goes sinking into the ground. I see the towering mountain above me. The height doesn’t scare me, I know I can conquer it. I feel fresh, determined and ready to start the day. Nothing can stop me, I will get to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment