Wednesday 3 September 2014

I have been in Afghanistan for over 3 years now and the memory of my family keeps me going.
I am fighting for my country, my land, my home. I have the determination of a magnet. Nothing will stop me. I am here with my friends, Jim and Tom. They have helped me through this. We all know that we need to go back to our families, no matter what it takes. Jim and Tom have helped me through all sorts of things. I remember the one time when I lost my passport just as we were boarding our flight. Us veterans carry so many things I think that my passport just got lost amongst it all.
Jim and Tom got me onto the plane by using sweet talk and I can not even describe how grateful I am. The repercussion of losing my passport wasn't very important. There are so many other things to worry about in my world and a passport just doesn't cut it. I looked everywhere for my passport. I even ended up taking everything out of my bag! The terminal became a mess and trying to fit everything back into my bag was hectic. While I was packing my bag I kept seeing a man with a rustic wiry beard out of the corner of my eye. He had jet black glasses on so his facial features were hard to be seen. He was quite a tall and lean man whose head was only 2 metres below the roof! His clothes were quite old and casual but I wondered what was underneath all that. Suddenly he started coming for me, I start running but then trip and go soaring through the air. I looked back and I had just tripped on my passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment