Friday 30 August 2013

Amoooozing Experience

Yesterday my Dad, Sister and I went to the farm. Claire and I fed the lambs while my Dad helped milk the cows. We ended up staying there for quite a while and towards 6:00pm Claire and I wanted a ride on the farm two wheeler motorbike. It was super fun but when we got to the paddock we had to sprint because a cow had cast it's self. If you don't know what that means its when a cow falls onto it's side and can get back up. My Dad had to flip it over. It was really lucky we were there because there would have been one less cow and it doesn't take long especially because she was on a small hill. The amazing thing was that the cow was having a baby and the legs and nose of the calf were sticking out!! This was a crazy but weird experince. But thats just a days work for a farmer

The cows surrounded us!

Some of the herd

This is the cow that had cast its self and was having the baby.

The herd, running

No comments:

Post a Comment