Wednesday 17 July 2013

Hospital Hour

Today my little brother, Leo had to get a hearing check at Waikato hospital. We spent over an hour there and the whole time I was just waiting.

Heres a rundown of what happened,

Our first task was to find a car park. It took ages, we just kept driving up and up and up. Finally we found a park. Time to go.

We all got out of the car and went to the elevator. We were on the blue floor but we needed to get to the orange floor because that's were Leo's examination was. My parents looked lost, it was quite funny. We finally found where we needed to go. Down a long corridor we went, we looked out all the windows, WOW, we were so high up, it was quite scary.

Next stop, the reception, it was super fancy, TV's everywhere! The lady at the desk gave us a card with the number 280 on it. I had no idea why. The lady told us that every patient gets a number and when the nurse is ready the patients number will come up on all of the screens. In the meantime we had to wait.

Finally, 280 came up on the screen. I stood up and started to walk to the examination room, thats when Mum told me I wasn't allowed. Yep, more waiting. My brother and my Dad went, my Mum, sister and I had to wait.

After about 40 mins my Dad and my brother walked through the examination doors. They were finished. I asked Dad if Leo passed the test. Apparently he has fluid in his ears and thats preventing him from hearing properly. I really dont understand though like if I said "Leo, want a lollie?" He would respond right away!!

Another cool thing was there was two huge diggers outside the hospital, and they had teared down a building!! All of the rubble looked weird but cool at the same time.

As we were walking back down the corridor to go back to the car, I started looking through the windows again, my brother was too. I came to a window that my brother couldn't see over and BANG, right in the face. My brother tried to jump up to see through the window but when he jumped he hit me right in the nose, now my nose is broken. :(



Hopefully my next trip to the hospital doesn't involve me!!











No comments:

Post a Comment