Monday 22 July 2013

2013 New Zealand Disability Survey!!

The mail lady drove up my drive. Time to get the mail!!

I opened the lid, inside was a big package for my Mum and 2 envelopes. I held on to the package as I was curious to what was inside.I gave my little brother the envelopes. About 5 minutes later, Leo came  back and was yelling, "Leka Smith, Leka Smith"
"a letter? for me?" I grabbed the envelope my brother was holding out to me. There it was, to the parents of Leka Amy Smith! Oh my gosh, what could be inside, am I in trouble? I ran over to my Mum who was hanging out the washing. "look!, Mum, look" I ripped open the letter. There was a letter inside and some pamphlets, heres some of what the letter said:

Dear Parent or Guardian,

Leka Amy Smith has been selected to be represented in the 2013 New Zealand disability survey. We're collecting information about both disabled and non disabled children in the survey. Between July and October.

Leka Amy Smith is part of a sample of 23,000 people we have randomly selected throughout the country. To select people we used information from the 2013 Census.


I am super excited to be interviewed I love helping NZ and I am stoked that I was chosen along with 23,000 other proud New Zealanders! Its cool because we have just learned about statistics in class, and now I get to participate in a national one!!

Update more soon!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment